Intern Orientation - EYES
Things that interns should learn in the Eye procedure station
A guide for staff teaching sessions.
- Anatomy of slit lamp for positioning patient including mark for eyes at correct height
- Anatomy of slit lamp light source
- Anatomy of slit lamp viewing and how to focus/move
- Watch a consultant registrar examin an eye including everting lids
- Perform eye examination with slit lamp including everting lids.
What they do, where they are stored, when and how to give them.
Common causes of red eye
- Conjunctivitis - viral, allergic, bacterial, chemical and associated treatments
- Keratitis - Causes and significance and how it is diagnosed and management of HSV, VZV,
- Foregn Body - Removal
- Corneal abrasions
Bendigo Eye Clinic and Eye and Ear Hospital.